Historical photos of Catonsville presbyterian church

Catonsville Presbyterian Church logo

History

Presbyterian Church USA logo

Catonsville Presbyterian Church began in 1879 when a small group of families gathered for worship services in the parlor of the vacant Paradise Hotel in Catonsville. In 1880, enough money was raised to buy a lot at St. Timothy's Lane and Frederick Avenue where the first house of worship was built. Our church was fostered in its beginnings by the Westminster Presbyterian Church of Baltimore. It was known as the Paradise Presbyterian Church of Catonsville until 1896, when the name on the charter was changed to the Catonsville Church. The congregation outgrew the building on St. Timothy's Lane and moved to the present location in 1921, building first the present fellowship hall and tower and then, in 1928, the sanctuary. In 1963, the new educational wing was added. From the 21 charter members received on Sunday, March 27, 1881, our fellowship has grown to include more than 500 members today.
 

CHILDREN & YOUTH
  Church School

   Youth Groups
   Children in Worship
   CPC Child Care Center
   Scouting
   Vacation Bible School


EDUCATION
  Adult Education
  Bible Study

  Let There Be Art!
  Additional Resources


ABOUT US
  Directions
  Church Staff

  The Envision Fund

  The Messenger

  History

  FAQ
  Sights and Sounds
  Contact Us

Home | Worship | Education | Children & Youth | Mission & Justice | Fellowship | Calendar | About Us | Site Search

Catonsville Presbyterian Church, 1400 Frederick Road, Catonsville, MD 21228, 410-747-6180, info@catonsvillepresb.org